The Well-Planned Mudroom
Sure, you've got your shopping lists checked off, but the ultimate in being prepared for back-to-school is having a well-planned mudroom. It helps corale the madness after a hectic day by having a central station to unload bags, kick off and store footwear, and finally get to relax. A mudroom also sets the tone for the day when everything is right where it should be before you head back out the next morning. So, what exactly are a few ideal elements for this hardworking space?
- Hooks and racks to hang outerwear, backpacks, etc.
- Bench to sit on and double-duty as a place to set footwear underneath
- Open cubbies or lockers for assigning storage space
- Tile flooring for easy cleaning and durability
- Utility sink for quick clean up or washing
- Closet for storing anything you want out of sight, like past season clothing, cleaning supplies, seasonal items, or sports equipment
3399 Tates Creek Road • Suite 210 Lexington, Kentucky 40502 859.264.4600